Got my cell bill a couple of days ago and noticed roaming charges. Thought about it for a minute and I was in Clintwood that day (day Clintwood and Norton played). Checked my voice mail after the game and it cost me $2.
Went to the Alltel store in Wise today, according to them, Clintwood is roaming. Now surely some here have Alltel service and regularly go to Clintwood. Do you get hit with roaming charges?
Funny thing is, and I didn't think of it until I was out of the store and on my way home, the roaming signal never showed up on my phone. I'll usually get a flashing delta when I'm at Pound Lake (when I can get a decent signal), but that just means I'm out of my home area.
I've got the National Freedom plan and it doesn't show the Clintwood area as being out of the network.
Have a year left on my contract, but I think I'll go with Verizon when the time comes.





Bookmarks